Eazy Backup 4 ~ Update History
Announcement - Eazy Backup 5 Released - June 22, 2010
Update - September 15, 2009
- The Outlook Express backup module was updated to correct an erroneous message when running on Windows 7 based machines.
Update - September 6, 2009
- The Outlook backup module was modified to correct a problem locating some data items on 64 bit systems.
- The Outlook backup modules was also modified to correct an error locating the auto-archive file on systems using outlook 2003.
Update - July 12, 2009
- The Mozilla backup module was updated to correct a (rare) problem with parsing of the Mozilla data files.
Update - December 27, 2008
- The Palm Desktop backup module was updated to work with the newer versions of the ACCESS software.
- In very rare cases, a scheduled backup would not run due to conflicts with other backup type programs. This has been fixed.
Update - September 21, 2008
- An additional modification was made to allow backups to be made even when the Office 2007 template files are locked.
- A minor modification was made to correct an issue with the display of the "wizard" pages during a differential or incremental backup.
Update - August 11, 2008
- The FireFox module (as updated July 12th) was not saving the FireFox 3.0 bookmarks properly. This has been fixed.
- The program will now run under Windows Vista regardless of the DEP setting in the control panel.
- When saving copies of Log files (from the Log Viewer), the copies will now be saved as plain text.
Update - July 12, 2008
- A modification was made to allow backups to be made even when the Office 2007 template files are locked.
- The Outlook backup module was updated to include additional signature data required by Outlook 2007.
- The FireFox backup module was updated to handle FireFox version 3.0
Update - June 5, 2008
- A minor update was made to get rid of a spurious warning message.
Update - June 1, 2008
- Modifications were made to trap a "Windows No-Disk" message that could occur on some systems.
- The Internet Explorer backup group has been enhanced to include the RSS Feeds present in IE7.
- The Outlook backup module was updated to include the save and restore of the Quick Access Toolbar settings.
- An error in the save and restore of the Eazy Backup registry settings has been corrected.
- A new backup module is now available for the Advantage Xi contact data base.
Update - March 21, 2008
- The IncrediMail module has been updated to accommodate multiple file attachments with the same file name.
Update - February 10, 2008
- The restore of orphan Outlook personal folder files has been improved.
- The restore on new systems has been improved.
- A separate purge option has been added for the "post copy" folder.
- The "Time and Chaos" modules have been updated to include version 7.
Update - December 24, 2007
- The "Windows Mail" backup module was modified to work with "Windows Mail" or the new "Windows Live Mail"
Update - November 8, 2007
- A new backup module was added for "Windows Mail" (available on Windows VistaTM).
Update - November 4, 2007
- An update was made to the Thunderbird backup module (also known as NetScape6 in the list of backup groups) to properly handle the Thunderbird mail folders in custom locations.
Update - October 03, 2007
- A new version [4.0] of the AJS Open File Manager is available with this release of Eazy Backup. The new version works with Vista (as well as XP) and is more efficient.
- In a custom backup group, it was not possible to use the include/exclude folders and include/exclude file types at the same time. This has been corrected.
- In rare cases, the PC may enter Sleep or Hibernate mode during a backup. This has been corrected.
- The display of the "Close and Start Programs" parameters on Vista systems was improved.
Update - July 6, 2007
- An update was made to correct an interface error which could occur during a restore on a system where the Open File manager had been installed and subsequently partially uninstalled.
Update - July 2, 2007
- The FireFox module was updated to include additional site password data.
- The setup and main modules were updated to cure problems which occured when installing on some Vista systems.
- When running and incremental or differential backup as a scheduled task - the program would appear to hang if no data was available to backup (i.e. no items had been changed since the prior backup). This has been fixed.
Update - May 16, 2007
- Saving files with extremely long path names (i.e. approaching the 260 character Windows limit), would ocassionally cause an error (access violation) during the testing phase. This has been fixed.
- Saving of the IE7 options would fail on some systems. This has been fixed.
Update - May 1, 2007
- An update was made to the RoboForm module which affects the restore of RoboForm data to systems where the RoboForm data already exists. In some cases, passcards would appear in duplicate after the restore. This has been corrected.
Update - April 03, 2007
- An update was made to Netscape/Mozilla/Thunderbird backup module to include the "messages left on Server" control information.
Update - March 11, 2007
- There was an update to the IncrediMail email program on 2007-03-06 that rendered the IncrediMail backup module ineffective. The IncrediMail module was updated to accomodate both the new and older versions of IncrediMail.
- The main Eazy Backup module was updated to automatically transfer scheduled job setups made with Eazy Backup 3 to Eazy Backup 4.
Update - February 27, 2007
- There was an error with the initial upload of the Outlook backup module (uploaded 2007-02-26) which would sometimes cause a spurious error message when exiting Eazy Backup. This has been corrected.
- A module has been added to save the Eazy Backup 4 settings.
Update - February 26, 2007
- In rare cases, the program would halt while restoring with a problem displaying the restore progress bar. This has been corrected.
- In rare cases, Outlook 2007 would not be detected - even though installed. This has been corrected.
Public Release - February 19, 2007
- Modifications were made to the "Manage Jobs" function to resolve small issues which occured on systems where no jobs had been defined.
- Minor errors in the Open File Manager interface were corrected.
Beta release 2 - February 08, 2007
- The Live Update process was modified to show the available updates and available modules. The user may elect to skip updates for applications that are not of interest.
- The Live Update window now shows a button with a direct link to this page.
- A module was added to backup and restore the "Contacts" folder of Windows Vista.
- The Help file was updated. The help for additional applications is now on the AJSytems.com web server.
- The RoboForm backup module now displays up-to-date information on how to finish the restore.