Eazy Backup 5 - Detailed Update Notes
Eazy Backup 5 includes a number of new functions and features. This page is intended to acquaint prior users with the new features. The most important updates include:
- Windows 7 - Eazy Backup 5 is designed to work with Windows 7. It will, of course, continue to function on earlier versions of Windows as before.
- Outlook 2010 - The Outlook backup module in Eazy Backup 5 will now work with Outlook 2010 ... including backup of Outlook 2010 - 64 bit.
- Google Chrome - Support for the Google Chrome Browser has been added.
- IE8 - The Internet Explorer module has been updated to fully support IE8.
- Firefox - The Firefox module has been updated to support Firefox 3.5 and above (in the 3.x series) ~ including Firefox 5.
- Thunderbird - The Thunderbird module has been updated to include support for the Thunderbird 3.0
- IncrediMail - The IncrediMail module has been updated to include support for the IncrediMail 2.0
- MailWasherPro 2011 - Support for the new MailWasherPro 2011 has been added.
- NEO Pro 4 - Support has been added for Nelson Email Organizer 4.
- FTP - There is now an optional module which will automatically save a copy the backup on to an FTP server.
- User requested updates - Eazy Backup 5 includes a large number of modifications requested by users. Some of these updates are:
¤ Global file exclusion filter has been added
¤ Provide "Job" specific reminders
¤ Save and restore the Custom Backup groups with the Eazy Backup settings
¤ Significant improvement to the display of file icon images
¤ Ability to suppress show of logs unless there is an error
¤ Improve the purge when an automatic copy is made to a second location
Eazy Backup 4 - Detailed Update Notes
Eazy Backup 4 includes a number of new functions and features. This page is intended to acquaint prior users with the new features. The most important updates include:
- Support for Outlook 2007 - The Outlook backup module in Eazy Backup 4 will now work with Outlook 2007.
- Support for Windows Vista - Eazy Backup 4 is designed to work with Windows Vista. It will, of course, continue to function on earlier versions of Windows as before.
- Differential Backup - Eazy Backup 4 provides a facility for a differential backup (in addition to the prior incremental and full backups).
- Open File Manager - A new, optional, module "AJS Open File Manager (OFM)" is available with Eazy Backup 4. The OFM allows a valid backup to be made while programs (e.g. Outlook) are in use ...click for more information on the OFM.
- New Live Update - The Live Update is now a separate process to minimize the interaction with firewalls.
- New Jobs Interface - The management of Jobs has been re-designed. All Job related functions are now in a single location.
- Email Notification - There is now an optional module which will send a notification regarding the backup via email.
Eazy Backup 3 - Detailed Update Notes
- Backup Now! - The new "Backup Now!" function replaces the "Quick Backup" found in prior versions of Eazy Backup. Backup Now! allows you to select a prior defined "Job" and then run Eazy Backup "normally" (i.e. by going through the "wizard" steps) or similar to a scheduled backup using the "Backup Now" button (which bypasses the "wizard" steps).
- Incremental Backup - You may now choose to backup only new and/or changed items (also known as an "incremental" backup). To do an incremental backup, you must (a) complete a "normal" backup (as would have been done in prior versions of Eazy Backup) and preferably saving the backup with a "Job" name; (b) begin a new backup for the same "Job" -- a new option will appear to choose the save of "New and Changed files Only".
- New Scheduler - The Eazy Backup Scheduler has been completely re-written. You may now exercise much greater control over the scheduled task, including:
¤ Wake the computer to do the backup.
¤ Run a task multiple times the same day, week, or month.
¤ Issue a warning before the backup begins.
¤ Skip a backup if missed.
¤ Issue a warning before the backup begins.
¤ Run the backup silently.
¤ Show a popup notification during the backup.
- Additional Options - There are now options to:
¤ Skip all files if locked.
¤ Show Skipped files as a critical event.
¤ Show File Icons (if not shown, the file load time is reduced even further).
¤ Split backups into multiple parts as a "global" option.
¤ Assign a default backup folder (which may be over-ridden for a Job).
- Close and Start Programs - The Close and Start Programs function has been improved. Eazy Backup 4 can now properly close programs like Microsoft ActiveSync (which require a program to be run). The commands to stop and start ActiveSynch are included with the default setup.
- Advanced Options - The "Advanced Options" for a Job now include:
¤ Stop and Start Services - the ability to stop and start services in order to complete a backup.
¤ Shortcut Creation - the ability to create a unique shortcut for any "Job".
¤ Chained Backup - the ability to run a second backup "Job" when the current one is complete.
¤ Default Backup Folder - a default backup folder may be assigned for a "Job".
- Text Viewer - The built-in text file viewer is now separate from the main program. Hence, you may view multiple files at a time (i.e. you do not need to close the first view to launch another).
- Speed Improvement - When saving a large number of files, the steps required to load and display the list of files is many times faster than in prior versions of Eazy Backup.
- Outlook Restore Options - The Outlook portion of Eazy Backup has been improved to include additional restore options to make it easier to restore when moving between machines or when restoring files to locate a prior item.
- Eazy Backup Settings - A new module is included to (optionally) backup the Eazy Backup settings.
- Custom Configuration Utility - A custom configuration utility is now available for consultants and corporate users.