OutBack Plus 6 - Update History
Announcement - OutBack Plus 7 released - June 15, 2009
Update - version 6.4.5 - Feb 23, 2009
- An additional modification was made to improve the backup of FireFox data.
Update - version 6.4.4 - Feb 18, 2009
- Modifications were made to improve the backup of FireFox data. If FireFox version 3 is installed,
then a backup of FireFox data will not be allowed while FireFox is running.
- Minor updates were made to improve the German translations.
Update - version 6.4.0 - Aug 11, 2008
- A modification has been made to suppress the save of ".tmp" type files from the Templates folder
- The program will now run under Windows Vista regardless of the DEP setting in the control panel.
- When saving copies of Log files (from the Log Viewer), the copies will now be saved as plain text.
Update - version 6.3.6 - July 11, 2008
- The program has been updated to handle FireFox 3. It now supports FireFox 1.x, 2.x and 3.0
- The backup of Outlook Signatures has been enhanced for additional signature items used in Outlook 2007.
Update - version 6.3.0 - April 2, 2008
- The backup password parameters would not be saved when doing a scheduled backup or running from
"Backup Now". This has been fixed.
- In some cases, a valid product key would not be accepted. This has been corrected.
Update - version 6.2.1 - November 19, 2007
- In rare cases, and only on Windows Vista, when a cookie could not be saved, this would be shown in the log as a critical item. This has been fixed.
Update - version 6.2.0 - October 5, 2007
- A new version [4.0] of the AJS Open File Manager is available with this release of OutBack Plus 6. The new version works with Vista (as well as XP) and is more efficient.
- In rare cases, the PC may enter Sleep or Hibernate mode during a backup. This has been corrected.
Update - version 6.1.6 - July 31, 2007
- The backup passwords were not being saved or processed when the backup was done as a scheduled task. This has been fixed.
- If a non-standard version of the Open File Manager was installed - the program could fail when doing a restore. This has been fixed.
- A new check and warning has been added regarding the backup and restore of the Microsoft Business Contact Manager (BCM) database when running Vista. (See the KB article for additional information.)
Update - version 6.1.5 - July 6, 2007
- The "desktop" backup now includes a backup and restore of the "Quick Launch" bar settings.
- The purge of backup files would, on ocassion, fail if the backups were saved to a CD or DVD formatted with InCD. This has been fixed.
- Saving files with extremely long path names (i.e. approaching the 260 character Windows limit), would ocassionally cause an error (access violation) during the testing phase. This has been fixed.
- Saving of the IE7 options would fail on some systems. This has been fixed.
Minor Update - version 6.1.0 - January 28, 2007
- Minor cosmetic changes were made for users running under Windows Vista.
- Some Help button links were not functional. This has been corrected.
Minor Update - version 6.0.10 - January 9, 2007
- An update was made to automatically close a server ocassionally used with Outlook 2007 when doing a backup.
Update - version 6.0.9 - January 9, 2007
- A number of improvements have been made to the interface with the AJS Open File Manager.
- Improvements were made to the handling of the backup and restore of the Microsoft Business Contact Manager (BCM) Data Base. All BCM users should install the update.
- A modification was made to improve the "Close & Start Programs" on Vista.
- The FireFox module was updated to handle FireFox Version 2.
Minor Update - version 6.0.8 - November 16, 2006
- A modification was made to cure a possible problem with a backup and restore of desktop or "My Documents" items on Windows 98 and Windows Vista systems. The problem does not exist on Windows XP or Windows 2000 systems.
Minor Update - version 6.0.7 - November 6, 2006
- A modification was made to improve Open File Manager compatibility with other systems.
- Minor changes were made to correct message display during the product key entry.
Update - version 6.0.6 - October 25, 2006
- Many changes were made to adjust for operation on Windows Vista. The "My Documents" backup has been divided into "My Documents", "My Pictures", and "My Music". This will allow data in these folders to be transferred easily between Vista and other versions of Windows.
All OutBack Plus users should update to version 6.0.6 (or newer when available) before moving to Windows Vista.
- A "Find" function has been added to the log viewer. The "Find" is available on the right click Pop-Up menu when viewing a Log.
- OutBack Plus 6 is now available in German. See the Downloads Page for additional setup files.
Minor Update - version 6.0.5
- On systems with 120DPI fonts the display on the "Backup Now" was truncated. This has been fixed.
- On the Group selection window - the selection for "My Documents" should have shown as "Include MY Pictures/My Music". This has been fixed.
Minor Update - version 6.0.4
- The update provides a significant performance improvement under most conditions.
Minor Update - version 6.0.3
- A few modifications were made to improve performance on some systems.
- Additional error checks have been added to handle possible problems when the Open File Manager is installed on an account with limited user privileges.
Minor Update - version 6.0.2
- In some cases, the Scheduled tasks would not begin if scheduled for the same day. This has been fixed.
Minor Update - version 6.0.1
- In rare cases, when creating a personal backup group, some folders would not show for the include/exclude selected folders option. This has been fixed.
- In rare cases, the AJS Open File manager would not be enabled after installation. This has been fixed.
Win Mail Tools