Win Mail Backup - Update History
Version 2.0 Released - Jan 9, 2010
Update Oct 6, 2009 -- [ver 1.7.13]
- On some machines, the Win Mail Backup control items would be copied [un-necessarily] with each start of the program. This has been corrected.
Update Oct 6, 2009 -- [ver 1.7.12]
- This update improves the "Direct Restore...." function to allow a restore of registry settings without restoring the email messages.
Update Oct 2, 2009 -- [ver 1.7.11]
- This update fixes improves the ability to transfer Windows Live Mail from XP to Windows 7 (or Vista). The "Direct Restore...." function may now be used for this type of transfer in addition to the "Import" type function.
- A modification was made to improve the estimated backup size when making large backups in conjunction with the "Do My Documents in Summary" option.
Update Aug 8, 2009
- This update fixes a problem with the "View or Restore Selected Email Messages" on XP machines from a backup containing "Windows Mail" message folders.
- A modification was made to reduce the backup time when more than 5000 items are saved.
Update July 21, 2009
- When using scheduled jobs, the password would not always be saved for the next scheduled backup. This has been fixed.
Update August 11, 2008
- The program will now run under Windows Vista regardless of the DEP setting in the control panel.
- When saving copies of Log files (from the Log Viewer), the copies will now be saved as plain text.
Update - July 4, 2008
- Modifications have been made to accommodate the FireFox 3.
- A modification was made to clear the WM or WLM message folders before doing a full folder restore.
Update - June 3, 2008
- Modifications have been made to speed up the restore of Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail.
- A backup and restore of the IE7 RSS Feeds has been added.
- Modifications have been made to handle a "Windows No-Disk" error during a restore.
Update - March 22, 2008
- The logic to close Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail before beginning the backup has been updated.
Win Mail Tools